Effortlessly Beautiful: The Bun
This fall is all about keeping it natural and looking effortlessly beautiful. It’s time to pull your hair back and show off your beautiful face with this fall’s go-to look: the bun. This versatile look is great for those sleepy-head mornings, when you don’t have the time to create a perfectly polished look. Within minutes you can get a flirty, laidback updo by following the steps below. If you don’t have time to shower, skip to step three.
- Pump up the volume! Mist damp hair with Aveda’s Volumizing Tonic TM.
- Use a round brush to lift hair straight up from the roots and blow-dry. Do this to the entire head.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to gently tease hair from roots to ends, around the crown of your head.
- Separate a one-inch section of hair at the front of your head, where bangs would be.
- Gently sweep the back portion of your hair up into a ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- Twist your ponytail into a bun and discreetly secure it with pins.
- Take the front sections of hair, create a middle part, swoop ends back and pin over the ears.
- Set style with Aveda’s Air ControlTM Hair Spray.
Now that you’ve created this casual updo, feel free to personalize it with your favorite flower or jeweled clips or headbands. For more variations on this look, play with your hair’s texture (curly or straight), tension (tight or loose), the number of buns, and the placement of your bun and part. Keep playing around with your hair until find out what you like best. There’s no wrong way to do this look.