Neo Goth – a Drop Dead Gorgeous Look
A dark cloud has settled over fashion and has cast a glamorously gothic shadow over all the runways. What was once a style dominated by black, Goth has been revamped with Aveda’s seductive Neo Goth look, the Red Dahlia. Released in late August, this vampy look features full lips and a cat’s eye created with red tones from the Passion Flower Collection. To get this drop dead gorgeous look, follow the directions below.
- Apply Aveda’s Petal EssenceTM Single Eye Color in Bittersweet from the lash to the crease on your eyelid.
- Using small circular motions, contour lids from outer corner, along the crease, to the inner corner in Night Iris Petal EssenceTM Single Eye Color. Add more shadow to build intensity.
- Softly wing out the contour to create a cat shape and elongate the eye.
- Connect the color to the bottom lash line and continue inward about 2/3 of the way to finish creating that feline, feminine shape.
- Soften the edges by blending Bittersweet over the Night Iris, from the crease and upwards. Blending is the key to professional results.
- Line both lash lines with Brown Velvet Rose Petal EssenceTM Eye Color from the outer corner inward, about 2/3 of the way.
- Illuminate the eyes by highlighting the inner corners with Callalily Petal EssenceTM Eye Color.
- Curl lashes, apply Earth MosscaraTM and fill in brows with eye shadow.
Give your face a sculpted look by dusting Callalily across your forehead, along the bridge of your nose and Cupid’s bow, and then add a little blush to the apples of your cheeks. Finish the look with red lipstick, and don’t forget your most important accessory — your attitude!